Self Storage Frequently Asked Questions
Severna Office and Storage Park of Millersville is a self-storage facility located in Anne Arundel County, Maryland. Our customers may have questions or concerns about storing their belongings with us. That’s why we’ve compiled a list of frequently asked questions to help provide some clarity and peace of mind.
These FAQs cover unit sizes, access hours, security measures, and payment options. However, if you still have a question that isn’t answered on this list, or if you need more information about our facility, please don’t hesitate to reach out to our resident manager. They will be more than happy to assist you and provide the information you need to make an informed decision about storing your belongings with us. You may also want to see our FAQs about moving truck rentals and small office spaces.
Move-In and Payment
Yes. We rent all of our units on a month-to-month basis. So if you only need to stay for a month, we’re okay with that. We want you to be happy you chose Severna Office and Storage for any length of stay.
You need to check with your insurance company-often times; homeowners or renters insurance will cover your stored property. However, you do have to declare the stored items to secure coverage. If your insurance does not offer this, we can sell you affordable insurance that will give you peace of mind in case something should ever go wrong. There are very rarely any problems, but you do need to be covered. Our storage facility does not take any responsibility for any lost or damaged items while you store with us.
We accept major credit cards, including Visa and Mastercard.
We take major credit cards or checks. You can set up an automatic payment or pay monthly in person or by mail.
If I move into my self storage unit in the middle of the month, will I need to pay for the entire month?
No. Move-ins only pay for the remaining portion of the month. There is no need to wait until the beginning of the month to move into your self-storage unit!
Our storage experts, the resident manager or her assistant, will go over your needs and show you the unit before you sign up. If you don’t think the unit you selected will meet your immediate needs, you can easily pick a different size at that time. Since the rental agreements are month by month you can always increase or decrease your storage size every month.
If we have a storage unit that meets your needs available, you can move in immediately after you sign up with us. Just stop by or call and let us know what you need and we can tell you what we have available for immediate occupancy.
Depending on when you move in, the date may fluctuate from the 1st of the month. If you have questions about when your rent is due, please check with the office.
You will have 24/7 access to your self-storage items. We have a gate that allows you in with an access code. We give you your access code at move-in. If you need to speak with someone in the office about your unit, please check our current storage and moving truck office hours.
Yes. You are the owner of the unit, you have the keys to the lock. For security reasons, please let us know if you give others access to your storage unit.
Maybe. Please give us a call to talk about what your needs are and what types of storage units we have available for this type of storage.
Find out how much storage space you need with this helpful FAQ.
This is a great question. Our resident manager can help you determine the size unit that will suit your needs, but we’ve included some guidance below. To be sure, the best thing to do is to stop by and see our self-storage unit sizes in person–after all, you know best what you need to store. We offer units of various sizes that are great for individuals and businesses. See our list of storage unit sizes here.
The number of items that can fit in each self-storage unit size can vary depending on the amount and type of items. However, here is a general guide on how much might fit in each unit size:
- 5’x10’ = 50 sq. ft.: This unit size is suitable for storing the contents of a small one-bedroom apartment, including a few pieces of furniture, several boxes, and small appliances.
- 10’x10’ = 100 sq. ft.: This unit size is suitable for storing the contents of a one-bedroom apartment, including a bed, a sofa, a dining table, chairs, and several boxes.
- 10’x15’ = 150 sq. ft.: This unit size is suitable for storing the contents of a two-bedroom apartment or a small house, including a bed, a sofa, a dining table and chairs, appliances, and several boxes.
- 10’x20’ = 200 sq. ft.: This unit size is suitable for storing the contents of a three-bedroom house, including several pieces of furniture, appliances, and many boxes.
- 15’x15’ = 225 sq. ft.: This unit size is suitable for storing the contents of a three-bedroom house, including several pieces of furniture, appliances, and many boxes.
- 10’x25’ = 250 sq. ft.: This unit size is suitable for storing the contents of a four-bedroom house, including several pieces of furniture, appliances, and many boxes.
- 12’x30’ = 360 sq. ft.: This unit size is suitable for storing the contents of a large four or five-bedroom house, including several pieces of furniture, appliances, and many boxes.
For more information, you may want to have a look at our visual storage unit sizer.
Some things may not be stored—for example, explosives, combustibles, ammunition, and toxic materials. Some things aren’t forbidden but aren’t a good idea to store. For instance, you want to avoid storing food (aside from canned goods) or anything that should only be kept under specific storage conditions. An example would be a glass globe filled with water–they would likely freeze and break in the wintertime.
Self-storage facilities are a convenient and flexible solution for individuals and businesses who need extra space to store their belongings. These facilities offer a range of unit sizes to meet the diverse storage needs of our customers.
Here are some common uses for self-storage at our facility in Millersville:
- Moving and temporary storage: If you’re moving or renovating your home, self-storage can provide a safe and secure place to store your items while transitioning.
- Extra space for your business: If you run a small business in Millersville, you may need additional storage space for inventory, equipment, or documents. Self-storage can provide the extra space you need to keep your business running smoothly.
- Storing seasonal items: If you have seasonal items that you only use a few times a year, such as holiday decorations or sports equipment, self-storage can provide a convenient place to keep them until you need them again.
- Downscaling: If you’re downsizing your home or moving to a smaller space, self-storage can provide a place to keep items that don’t fit your new living arrangement.
Overall, self-storage facilities in Millersville offer a range of options for individuals and businesses looking for extra storage space whether you need a temporary solution while moving or a long-term storage solution for your business, self-storage can provide the space you need to keep your belongings safe and organized.
You’ll need to notify us that you’re vacating the unit. When you move out, please make sure that you’ve cleaned it thoroughly and of course, removed your lock.
This happens sometimes. No worries. Just come to the office during business hours, and we can reset it for you with a valid driver’s license (or approved alternative) identification.